Hello Brookwood family! We are excited to be able to re-gather in person. The physical gathering of the saints for worship, discipleship, fellowship, accountability, and teaching of God’s Word is essential for all believers. This season has served to highlight just how vital community is for our spiritual well-being, just as God intended it. For He is the one who founded His Church in this way. (Matthew 16:13-19; Acts 2:42-47; Hebrews 10:25)
We know that re-gathering brings about many questions, emotions, and opinions. As a ministry team we have sought God for wisdom as we have determined how to meet as soon as we can, as safely as we can, and as successfully as we can. Our goal continues to be “Not to us, O Lord, not to us, but to your name give glory, for the sake of your steadfast love and your faithfulness.” Psalm 115:1
When will we return?
Starting Sunday, August 2; this is how these gatherings will look:
- We will offer two services; Sundays at 9:00am (traditional worship) and 10:30am (contemporary worship).
- Doors will open 30 minutes prior to the service start time.
- There will be Kid's Ministry small Groups and nursery at 9am and 10:30am.
- Student Ministry will meet at 9am in The Tank.
- On-campus Small Groups and other gatherings can be scheduled through Jennifer Meleton, Discipleship Ministry Assistant, on a limited basis.
- For those unable to attend, both services will be streamed via Facebook Live and our YouTube Channel.
- Each service will be limited to 200 participants.
- If you are 65+ and/or have pre-existing health conditions the CDC is encouraging you to exercise caution when considering attending in person.
- You will be greeted before and after you come into the Worship Center.
- If you are sick or exhibiting symptoms (fever, cough, etc.) or if you have had a fever, please stay home.
- If you are well and choose to attend the in-person gathering, we are asking everyone to abide by our LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR guidelines:
- Keep your Distance
- Wash your Hands
- Wear your Mask (There will be masks available)
- Seating will be arranged based on social distancing guidelines and family size.
- All hard surfaces will be sanitized between services.
- We will not pass the offering plate – Giving boxes will be accessible at every entrance.
- Greetings during the service will be limited to those directed towards you from the platform.
- When you come into the building for worship, you will be asked to make your way into the Worship Center as quickly as possible.
- For cleaning purposes, you will be asked to head to your vehicle after the service/small group to allow for cleaning and the check-in/entrance of our next group of worshippers.
God is using the adversity of this world for the spread of His gospel and the purification of our faith. So, let us take heart, He is at work for His glory, and that will be for our good. Some will ask during this time, “Where is your God?” I pray your answer will be ready and your life will be lived to give evidence affirming our hope in God’s providence and compassion.
Understanding the fluidity of this situation know that any of this is subject to change.